The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell - It's on our reading list for university and we had to make mind maps out of the full book then in depth for one of the chapters.
My mind isn't fully functioning today...Stay with me. It was really interesting, but I found it hard to get in to. Which is strange, there is a lot to take in with each page let alone each chapter but the feeling of vast amounts of knowledge about the world flowing into your brain is always good.
Mind Map for the whole book.
The Stickiness Factor mind map.
And my references for the stickiness factor were...(drum roll)
- Daniel Anderson and Elizabeth Lorch, "Looking at Television: Action or Reaction ?"
- Barbara Flagg "Formative Evaluation of Sesame Street Using Eye Movement Photography".
- Jim Henson, The Works, The Art, the Magic, the Imagination.
- Gerald Lesser, Children and Television: Lessons from Sesame Street.
- Howard Leventhal, Robert Singer and Susan Jones, "Effects on Fear and Specificity of Recommendation Upon Attitudes and Behaviour".
- Ellen Markman, Categorization and Naming in Children.
- Nelson, Katherine, Narratives from the Crib.
- "Effects of Early Childhood Media Use on Adolescent Achievement" by "Recontact" Project of the University of Massachusetts at Amherst and the University of Kansas.
- Lester Wunderman, Being Direct: Making Advertising Pay. chapters 10 and 11.
Listening to - Herve - essential mix 21/2/09