Wednesday 17 February 2010

Pictures and Stories.

Using the Image randomiser I came across these images...



And from those three images i got the following from a few friends...

James, 21, English Student.

"One hour?" thought Bill, as he parked outside the old church. He knew that it was more than enough for what he needed to do. Leaving his car he headed inside, running towards the old spiral staircase, heading for the roof. He stared out towards the river; he imagined he could see her on the boat. "I'm sorry!" he screamed, hoping she could hear him. He only heard his echo respond.


Jez, 23, Landscape Gardner

"We used to be able to park here all day" thought Trevor as he exited the side road where his car was now left dormant. He looked outward of the lane, his old eyes blurred and broken but still good enough to see the walk way across the road, with its iron railings leading forever down. His crumpled, tattered overcoat shivered in the breeze as he approached the leaf-littered entrance and his wrinkled hands followed those rails down. He decended for what seemed an age, before coming to a door. His feet felt crushed, his spirit broken. As he opened the door, a long forgotten scene flitted into his mind. With a sigh, he felt himself drift away as if down that very river, out to sea.

Allan, 25, Mental Health Student.

Every time I see a staircase I really just want to slide down the banister, but only really do so on the ones where the likelihood of me being killed is small, which is kind of daft really because if I died falling down several floors from a spiral staircase it'd be far more dignified than toppling backwards, falling three feet and dying from a brain haemorrhage caused by the relatively mild blow of landing on the back of my head.

Allan actually did this “wrong”, by only choosing one image, the spiral stair case. But I found his story really interesting anyway because of his explanation after saying that although it was a story it was a factual statement.


Scott, 21, Accounting Hons Student.

Ever since that stupid fine for parking out with the 1 hour restriction my life has spiralled out of control. I've lost my job, my girlfriend, my family, what’s next? I stand here on top of a bridge. The river flowing uncontrollably. My life.

Scott gave an interesting explanation..
Feeling under pressure with dissertation work. Not enough to make me feel suicidal though... yet. Ha!”


Lauren, 21, Business Student.

Running down the staircase ,“ SHIT!Shit,shit.” I screamed, “The parking!” I realised I’d been longer than an hour, and I’d already had a parking ticket this year. And I’d never realised how dangerous the beautiful spiral staircase was when running down them.
I got outside to see the white packet on my windscreen. “This is the LAST thing I need.”  I had to take a walk, I was close to kicking something.
Raging, I walked along the bridge and stood looking out along the river. The scene calmed me down, a bit.
It would do for now.  Until I had something to kick.


Chris, 29, Civil Servant. 

The young writer hurtled down the stairs, manuscripts fluttering and every step like a gunshot, rapid-fire. Fleeing, fleeing his feelings and the signs that told him that every footfall was an act of denial.  Under, under the river, it flowed over his head, asphyxiating and drowing, held back by creaking walls of steel and mud that would flow back and back in time, unifying the entropy.  He tripped over the words in his mind as they spilled from his pen, mind and the stairs separated by distance, safe in his office.  Leans back in his chair, now that he’s almost done.  Time for tea. 

(coincidentally Chris is currently writing a book!)
Thanks guys! 

No comments: