Monday 15 March 2010

Wonders of The Solar System

I've been watching Professor Brian Cox's Wonders Of The Solar System on BBC2 these past two weeks and it blows me away. I can't wait for more.
I'm continually amazed by what Earth offers us, and its mystery, history and life upon it. But space...I actually cannot find the words.
It overwhelms me constantly, the thought of it being infinite and expanding. And that's just taking space as a whole, not looking at the stars, planets, solar systems, galaxies and more!
This program is taking bits of our solar system and more, and telling us incredibly interesting facts.
I was amazed to find out that on earth we have the best solar eclipses out of all our solar system because of the distance between our moon and the sun. How amazing is that?! And the fact that we can witness and experience it just renders me speechless. Really, what are the chances?
Then the fact that these pictures of a solar eclipse...
 

have been taken on mars. That's another planets solar eclipse! Baffling. 
Another thing is the ice geysers that are on one of Saturn's 61 moons...Enceladus. Bursting up out of it's atmosphere creating one of the most beautiful sights...


It's incredibly bewildering. 

I have so much more to say on this subject. Sadly I won't get to learn everything about space in my life time though. 
It's a very humble feeling, I'm such a small part of Space, smaller than an atom if you think about it.  

No comments: