Friday 2 October 2009

Reading List

I found an old reading list I had written up years ago, I think at the end of 6th year, so 3/4 years ago…

I read a fair bit but I always have books to read and so never get new ones and read them. A new uni year, new things to keep to.


Here we go…

  • Emotionally Weird – Kate Atkinson.
  • A Clockwork Orange – Antony Burgess ( interested to see how it reads rather than how it looks )
  • In Cold Blood Truman Capote
  • The Master and Margarita – Mikhail Bulgakov
  • Sophie’s World – Jostein Gaardener
  • The Old Man and The Sea – Ernest Hemmingway
  • The Turn of The Screw – Henry James (this is one I have, just haven’t gotten round to reading it…)
  • One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest – Ken Kesey (I’ve been fortunate enough to have never seen the movie so my imagination wont be ruined when I read it.)
  • The Comfort of Strangers – Ian McEwan
  • The Bell Jar – Sylvia Plath (an obvious one, but out of pure interest.)
  • Catcher in the Rye – JD Salinger (again an obvious read but surely a must read?)
  • Oranges are Not the Only Fruit – Janette Winterson
  • The Shrine Of Jeffery Dahmer – Brian Masters
  • Selected Tales – Edgar Alan Poe
  • Tao Te Ching – Lao Tzu
  • Lolita –Valdimir Naboko
  • Story of the Eye - George Bataille


Well I’m sure there are loads more that I just haven’t written down and can’t think of, but I’m sure I’ll write them down here at some point. But then again your “Reading List” is pretty much never ending.

So book tokens for Christmas then?!

Fix up. Look sharp.

Listening to - Kate Bush - Feel It

No comments: